- To CARE about the early occurrence of chronic illness in the population
- To promote HEALTHCARE in Chinese Medicine worldwide between the age of 18 and 45
- To promote Primary Health Care (基層醫療) in Hong Kong
Significant datas about Chronic Diseases in China
- 22% of young and middle-aged people died of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases;
- The proportion of white-collar sub-health is as high as 76%;
- 70% of young people are at risk of death from overwork;
- The age of onset of cancer has advanced by 15-20 years
- In the past, many diseases that were easy to suffer from at the age of 50-80 have now been brought forward to the age of 30-50.
About Chinese Medicine in HK
- To prevent problems before they happen (治未病）
- Seek the root causes of the disease. Eliminate the disease fundamentally.
- Believes that man and nature are a unified whole.
Primary Healthcare in Hong Kong
Primary healthcare is the first point of contact for individuals and families in a continuing healthcare process which entails the provision of accessible, comprehensive, continuing, co-ordinated and person-centred care in the context of family and community. It contributes to the health of the population through health promotion, disease prevention, disease management and supportive care.
Traditional Chinese Medicine is one of the key element on Designated use on PHC services, including health assessment and management (including identification of body constitutions and regulation of overall functioning through prescription of Chinese medicine and clinical methods like acupuncture), etc.
TCM Healthcare Publication – 青囊誌
Traditional Chinese Medicine Seminar
Deliver a lecture on the advocacy of traditional Chinese medicine, with the theme of etiology and pathology of chronic diseases (such as stroke, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, cognitive impairment, etc.), associating with18-45 years old people, and how Chinese medicine uses “preventive treatment” to deal with these health problems.
Location: HKPC, Kowloon Tong
Date: 22 July 2023
中大中醫學院院長 林志秀 教授
港大中醫學院院長 馮奕斌 教授
浸大中醫學院副院長 李敏 教授
Traditional Chinese Medicine Exhibition and Carnival
- To exhibit the TCM history and knowledge.
- To have games related to TCM culture and knowledge with rewards, targeting young parents and couples
Date: 5-6 August 2023